Friday, May 05, 2006

OLD NEWS

Here’s a rundown of all the stuff that’s been going on around here the past week. I know, it’s all old news now, I really need to catch up on my blogging. But I’ve been working hard on trying to get this site the way I want it to look. (It’s almost there!) And now I’m ready to blog here! :)

First off and most important, R got a promotion at Menards. He’s now an assistant manager. It’s more of a title right now really because his pay is staying the same, but he will get some additional bonuses and he has some different responsibilities now. R wasn’t sure that he wanted the management responsibilities, but I’m glad that he decided to go for it. I know that he’ll do a great job. :)

Last Friday Sasha had another vet appointment. She got a couple more puppy shots, and doesn’t need any more until she’s a year old. She’s up to 38 lbs. (the same as C!) And it was the last time I had to bring in her poop (and this time I didn’t forget it in the car! ;P ) since the roundworm pill worked. I’m still not sure if her bladder issues are cured or not, as she was still on her antibiotics at her appointment. Sasha’s off of them now, but I have to wait to bring her pee in to be tested until we can afford it. :( She’s been off the antibiotics for a couple of days now, and she seems to be okay, so hopefully the infection is gone. She’s been a pretty expensive puppy lately. But at least she has a pretty new orange rabies tag for her collar! :)


Last but not least, at the Health and Safety Fair we found out about a craft day that was to be held at our mall, since April is considered “the month of the small child” or something like that. So last Saturday we headed out for the mall, and it was pretty neat. Down the center of the mall there were all these craft tables set up from different organizations. And it was apparently a fish theme since all the crafts had some kind of fish involved: the boys ended up making fish mosaics, paper bag fish, whales with party blowers, and C colored a whale picture. C didn’t want to do any of the crafts at first, because he saw the quarter rides (correction: 75 cent rides!! When the hell did they get so expensive?) and wanted to do those first. I told him we would ride one at the end before we left since everything else wasn’t going to be there that long. He was mad. He pouted and said no to everything. Until he saw the water table. C stood and looked at it for a while, but I could tell he still wanted to be mad. Finally I asked if he wanted to do it and he reluctantly said yes. Two seconds playing in the water and he forgot all about those rides. He loves the water. When I finally pulled him away from the water table with a “Let’s let some other kids have a turn,” he was much more interested in what each table had. And he even got his ride at the end (except C and IJ had to share one -- 75 cents!!).

C and IJ at the water table and making their fish mosaics.

No comments: