Monday, May 22, 2006

SNAKE!

Thursday night R and I took the kids to a special outing at the Upper Peninsula Children’s Museum hosted by a local playgroup. This playgroup isn’t the one I take the boys to, but another one that’s in our local area. They send their calendar of events over to our playgroup all the time, since they do a lot of special stuff (outings and special story times, etc.).

C and IJ had a great time of course, since the Children’s Museum is a really neat place (if you live in the U.P., go and visit!), but the whole “special outing” wasn’t really what I expected. I had expected them to do something special with all the kids, maybe some activity where all the kids would do something together. One of the reasons I signed up to go was because I was looking forward to meeting other families with kids the same age as mine that live in my area--more friends for the kids, and maybe for mommy and daddy, too. But they just had all the kids running around playing on their own; no group activities. So C and IJ pretty much just played with each other and not so much with the other kids. It was basically just like any other time we’ve gone to the Museum only we got in for free. And we were supposed to get pizza and pop, but we didn’t end up getting any. The excuse was that because R and I didn’t put on our nametags, they didn’t think we were a part of their group. Yeah, both of us were just chasing around and holding two kids with nametags for the heck of it. And there wasn’t that many other people there…but whatever. The boys had a wonderful time, and we ended up getting Pizza Hut afterwards…:)

I have two favorite moments from the night, though. One was with IJ and a snake. IJ and I were at the snake aquarium, and I pointed out one of the snakes to him. He was very excited about the snake, and kept yelling, “Snake! Snake!”. A little red haired girl about his age came up to look at the snake, too, and he got all excited trying to show her the snake. “Look! Snake! Look!” She just sort of looked at him like “why are you yelling at me?” He then put his face right up to the glass where the snake was sitting. The snake of course picked that moment to try to slither up the side of the glass. IJ jumped, scurried back to my lap, and huddled up right next to me with a wide-eyed look on his face. He kept whispering “Ohhh, snaaaaaake. Ohhh, snaaaaaake.”, but he still wanted to watch that snake. It was sooooo cute.

My other favorite moment involved a radio that you could talk into and would broadcast your voice. R showed the boys how to talk into it, and C took a turn. But the only thing he would say into it was “hedge”. Why hedge I have no idea. “Hedge hedge heeeedge!” IJ took a turn, and he stuck his mouth right on the microphone. What comes out of his mouth? “Ho! Ho! Hooooooo!!” Yep, hedge and ho. Those are my boys. :D









1 comment:

Anonymous said...

LOL@hohoho.. atleast he didnt say.. MERRY CHRISTMAS afterwords.. all the rest of the kids would have gotten all excited LOL. that's pretty funny stuff right there.