Monday, June 12, 2006

CARS!

Friday night R and I took the boys to see the movie Cars. It was actually a last minute thing; R had wanted to camp out in the yard with the boys (as a practice for a camping trip we want to take) but that night it was going to be too cold (we had freeze warnings). R still wanted to do something with C and IJ, so we decided on the movie, since we both kind of wanted to see it too (hey, we're nascar fans, remember? ;) .

The movie was cute and pretty funny (not as hilariously funny as you might expect with Larry the Cable Guy as part of it, but still pretty funny). There were a some jokes only adults would get, but lots of funny stuff for the kids. And some nascar things that you have to be a nascar fan to understand (which I enjoyed--I love catching those little hidden things that not everyone will get). The best parts of the movie? This line: "He's won three Piston Cups!" "He did what in his cup?" And the tractor tipping. Oh my god, the tractor tipping. I don't want to give too much away, but that had to be one of the most hilarious things I've seen in a while.

C and IJ were pretty good during the movie. C sat in his seat the majority of the time (he had popcorn. He looooves popcorn.) and made a trip to the potty (woo hoo! No peein' the pants!). He had a good time yelling for "the red car" during the race scenes. IJ was a little more of a handful, but not too bad. When we went to see Curious George, he fell asleep, but for this one he stayed awake the whole time. He stayed in my lap for a while until he got full on popcorn, and then he wanted to wander. IJ stayed near us, though; the only really bad things that he did was trying to bug a little girl that was sitting near us, and taking the top off of my pop, sticking both hands in it, and then spilling some of it on my pants (hey, I was distracted by the movie :). Not too bad at all, they could've been far, far worse. :)

I'd recommend Cars to everyone; it's a kids movie that's fun for adults, too. :)

No comments: