Friday, November 17, 2006

THE DOGS STOLE R'S PIZZA...FROM THE REFRIGERATOR


That's right. Our lovely dogs, Cheyenne and Sasha, have learned how to open up our fridge. They could not ignore the tantalizing smell of R's leftover Papa Murphy's pizza.

Now, before you give them too much credit, our fridge door hasn't been catching right lately. If you don't close it just so, it hangs open just the tiniest little bit. But still, they would have had to nudge at it pretty good with their noses to get the door to open enough.

When I first caught them with the pizza out of the fridge yesterday, they had only managed to eat one slice. I figured one of the kids had went in the fridge and left the door open (which has happened before, resulting in the whole top of R's birthday cheesecake being licked off by Sasha, which then resulted in an emergency run to the store by nana and papa who found the whole situation so very hilarious...). So the dogs got yelled at and ran off with their tails between their legs, and then I reminded the boys to close the fridge after they open it (when I asked who was the one that was in the fridge, they looked at me like they had no freaking clue what I was talking about and then blamed each other, which is funny now that I know they didn't do it).

I spent the next half hour to forty five minutes with both boys on the couch, reading them stories. I then got up to head to the kitchen to make their lunches. I could not believe my eyes. There in the middle of the kitchen floor was the empty cardboard platter that used to hold the leftover pizza. Not a crumb of pizza was left. I never even heard a thing. We have sneaky, sneaky dogs...

When R came home, the first thing out of C's mouth was "Daddy! The dogs ate your pizza!". R sat on the couch and pouted for a while since he was really looking forward to eating that pizza. I felt for him, but you have to admit it's kind of funny. Guess he should have put his pizza in a container...

And maybe now R will fix the fridge door. :)

No comments: