Tuesday, August 01, 2006

PEE PEES AND WOOD AND OTHER FUN STUFF

First off, as you can probably tell from my lack of posting lately, I am really behind on my blogging. I blame all those fun summer activities: fireworks and parades and nice warm weather (although lately its been pretty hot, even up here-yesterday it was in the 90's). And today I've been cleaning the upstairs, because my kitchen is finally progressing again!! Yippee! :) And I have even heard the glorious hum of my dishwasher today. Oh, how I've missed my dishwasher! I'll have a kitchen update soon with pics.

Today I wanted to share a few of the things that have been going on here lately. Or, more like some of the weird things you could have heard us saying the past few days. Like this one, said by me: "Get mommy's phone off your pee pee!"

That's probably one of the strangest things I've ever said as a parent. :) But wait, I've got more for you.

The other day, R came home from work with some cedar planks. He came walking in the door with one of the planks in his hands. C looked up and exclaimed, "Daddy, that's a big wood!" :D

And, lastly, C actually asked for a wedgie. He walked up to R and said "Pull the underwear up the butt crack." (Both boys like to say butt crack. They think it's just hilarious.)


***
In other news, C has started trying to write the alphabet. The first time he tried it, R wrote all the letters on a piece of paper, then held C's hand as they wrote the first line of letters together. Then R let C try to write the rest of the letters himself. Some he did fairly well, others he had a lot of trouble with, but for a first try, he did pretty well. So now I've been showing him how to spell his name, and we've been printing out letter writing pages off the internet. He made an alphabet train where he traced out all the letters and then cut out and glued the train together (I will try and remember to take a pic of it). And today I found nifty Leap Frog Alphabet Cards that come with dry erase markers. C's been enjoying tracing out the letters and then erasing them.
Here's the photo of his first try at the alphabet:
***
Finally, here's a video I've been wanting to share for a while and haven't gotten to posting it. The week after the 4th of July, we went to Negaunee's Pioneer Day fireworks. It was the first fireworks show for both of the boys. The video is just of the fireworks, but in the background you can hear C yelling "Wow! Woah!" He was pretty excited. :) (The flickr set with our 4th of July and fireworks pics is here. )


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi, Its mommi, yes, I think its the blogroll, I want to link other blogs to mine. My favorite blogs on the sidebar, how do I do that?

thank you.
How do I link to your blog?

Anonymous said...

Yesterday's heat index was 106 and last week it got up to 113 so I dont want to hear NOTHING about your nice cool 9 degree weather :P lol

Anonymous said...

rrr 90 degree even

Anonymous said...

"get mommy's phone off your pee pee!"

-- hilarious. love it.

Anonymous said...

you should be proud that C is fluent in Arabic. At least when he gets to Q-R-S that is. He may have a future in counter intelligence.