Sunday, September 10, 2006

GRANDPARENT'S DAY

Happy Grandparent's Day to all you grandparents out there. Truthfully I didn't even remember it was Grandparent's Day until I looked at the calander today and it was listed. They don't seem to make as big a deal out of it as Mother's Day and Father's Day. So, since I didn't remember about it until today, the kids made nana and papa some nice handmade cards (and handmade gifts are always the best ones of course ;) .

Here's C's card. See the three little people on the front of the card? (Click the picture to enlarge it) He drew himself with nana and papa. Except this is the first time that I have ever seen him draw anything like that. Usually he just draws a bunch of scribbles. These people had heads and legs and arms that I could see. I'm pretty excited. I've been waiting for him to draw recognizeable things for soooooo long! On the inside of the card I helped him to spell out the words "Happy Grandparent's Day". It was his idea to write it on the inside; he actually started with the "H" and the "A" on his own before he asked me to help him. He's getting pretty good at the letters. C also wrote his name on the inside of his card.

Here's IJ's card for nana and papa. He did a really good job on the inside, using lots of different colors. The marks he made on the words on the cover of the card was him trying to write letters like C was. Soon, IJ, soon. :)
Coming soon: a post about the first day of preschool. There were tears, but it was good. :)

No comments: